This post was done in collaboration with STK Toronto but gracelisamay.com remains unbiased in our content.
Located in the heart of Yorkville, STK has been around since 2016 and is known for their hip and lively backdrop with the menu of a modern steakhouse. The ambiance and decor is sleek and ultramodern, and despite having a chic lounge, STK doesn’t give up anything in terms of taste and fine dining experience. With locations in major cities in the US, Mexico and Europe, Canada’s only STK location is in Toronto.
STK Toronto boasts a large spacious venue with two private rooms which are suitable not only for private parties but also for business meetings and corporate events. While they are more known for a great night out on weekends, they also offer Power Lunch and Social Hour and we’ve listed out some of the deals and details below.
Power Hour (Monday – Friday | 11:30AM- 2:45PM)
$45 – 3 course prix fixe
Many standard menu items including but not limited to:
Mediterranean Sea Bass
Wagyu Meatball Sandwich
8 oz Wagyu Flat Iron Steak
14 oz Striploin
Social Hour (Monday – Saturday | 3:30PM – 7:00PM)
Half Off Drinks
$6 Smoked Bacon Skewers | Tater Tots | Caesar Salad
$8 Hummus | Daily Ceviche Tostada | Lil’ BRG & Truffle Fries
$9 Jalapeno Cheddar Grit Croquettes | Tuna Tartare Tacos | Shrimp Cocktail
Last week, STK Toronto invited us to a tasting of their lunch menu and we were fortunate to experience their delicious food with a twist. Our meal was specially picked by Executive Chef Tommy McHugh, who is classically trained and has a strong base in European flavors and execution with a contemporary twist. He has worked in restaurants in both the UK and Canada, with Michelin star restaurants and well-renowned chefs such as Peter Kromberg and Joel Robuchon. We were ecstatic about the choices which included the Double Smoked Applewood Bacon, Mediterranean Sea Bass and the Wagyu Burger. The portions were hearty and flavors were rich and the lunch as a whole was a satisfying experience.
Double Smoked Applewood Bacon
- Balsamic BBQ, pickled chili, hon shimeji mushrooms
- We really enjoyed STK’s Double Smoked Applewood Bacon. The bacon was thick and meaty and the flavours were perfectly balanced with the Balsamic BBQ sauce giving this dish a good sweet & savoury taste
- Hass avocado, soy honey emulsion, taro chips
6oz Ground Wagyu Burger
- Sesame bun, Ontario cheddar, dijonaise, caramelized onions, pickles, straight cut rosemary fries
- We love our burgers and STK’s Wagyu Burger tasted as good as it looked. The incredibly juicy 6oz ground wagyu patty was paired with cheddar, fresh produce & the caramelized onions was the cherry on top.
- Truffled white bean ragout, parsnip heirloom carrot
- Another one of our favourite entrees was STK’s Mediterranean Seabass. The seabass was perfectly cooked and paired really well with the truffled white bean ragout. The sauce was really creamy and the truffles gave the dish earthy flavours. This dish reminded me of a pasta dish with its delicious ragout & carrots and we could eat this dish for days.
- Burnt orange, Graham Crust
- We don’t normally have a sweet tooth but we couldn’t help ourselves to seconds with this cheesecake. Contrary to your typical heavy New York cheesecake, STK’s Orange Cheesecake was very light and sweet – easy on the palette. We liked the citrusy flavours of the cheesecake contrasted with the smokey burnt orange.
Spiced Creme Caramel
- Chantilly cream, crumbled honeycomb