The brunch spots on the east end are slowly making its way to the top of my “go-to” Saturday brunch list. Tucked away in Leslieville, I’ve been honestly living and breathing the brunch at The Greenwood. I’ve visited them about 4 times now since November 2017 and have tried an array of items from their menu. In my post today, I’m going to share with you the must orders and of course, if there are any your favourites that I haven’t mention, please let me know. I am practically there are every other Saturday 🙂
Brought to you by the same team as SPIN, The Greenwood is quite the cozy and ultimate chill spot to grab brunch. They are usually quite busy but I’ve been luckily enough to never have to wait for a seat (visited at either 9am or 1pm).
Classic Shakshuka ($15.00)
- spiced tomato stew topped with two baked eggs and crumbled feta, with house pita
The Green Wood Burger ($15.00)
- classic burger topped with the works, with fries or fresh greens
- add bacon $2.00 add cheese $2.00
BOYB Build Your Own Benny ($12.00)
- two poached eggs and hollandaise on house bread, served with fresh greens or roasted potatoes
- add peameal $4.00 add bacon $2.00 add smoked salmon $4.00 add brisket $4.00 add spinach $2.00 add avocado $2.00 add tomato $2.00 add roasted squash $2.00
Coziest French Toast ($12.00)
- cinnamon swirled brioche soaked in vanilla custard, served with berries and maple syrup
- want to stuff your french toast with apple pie filling and candied walnuts $4.00
Skillet Breakfast ($15.00)
- two fried egg on brisket, roasted potatoes, bell pepper, mushroom and onion hash
So one thing that all my brunch visits have in common is that I’ve ordered their Green Wood Burger every single time and it does not disappoint! All the components in the burger are fresh and crisp. Buns are toasted yet soft. The patty is juicy and their house sauce just brings everything together. There is nothing not to love about this burger – almost reminds me the one I had in South of France! Next up to order is their classic shakshuka – there is something different and delicious about their spiced tomato sauce topped with the perfect amount of feta crumble. Last by not least – the coziest french toast is soaked with the perfect amount of vanilla custard – topped with fresh fruits.
Note – Green Wood is a cashless restaurant.
Grace, Food in the City Toronto
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO