Hope everyone is staying safe at home during one of the strangest times to be alive. Like everyone else, we’re still processing everything that is happening around the world while also trying to adapt to being at home 24/7. I’m a home body to begin with so I’ve written down a list of activities that Eden and I have been doing at home for the past weeks and hopefully this gives you more ideas of things you can do at home as well.
I just want to put it out there that with everything that is happening around us, by no means should anyone feel pressure to be productive and do anything that they don’t want to do. While some people may find motivation in getting all dolled up to work from home or picking up a new hobby to make the most use of time – I think it’s okay to focus on staying well and healthy. Everyone is different. I am somewhere in between the two so it really just depends on my mood that day. Sometimes I feel extra motivated to be productive and other days I can’t be bothered at all. So just keep doing what you’re doing and hopefully this list will give you some ideas of what you can also do at home!
Here are the 7 things we’ve been doing at home during COVID 19
- I’ve been working out every morning to a 7 minute arm exercise workout with Lucy Wyndham-Read on Youtube followed by her 7 minute ab workout video. I love Lucy’s workouts. They are quick videos that gets my arms and abs burning in the shortest time possible.
- On days that I want to switch up my exercise routine, I resort to one of my favourite work out apps – Workout Women. They have different workouts from stretching to abs, butt, beginner, yoga and even morning stretches as well. The workouts in this app are completely free (which I’m still really surprised about!)
There’s no better time than the present to start watching all the shows & movies that you never had time to watch before! Feel free to share your favourites in the comments below:
- Murdoch Mysteries (Netflix)
- Terrace House (Kisstvshow)
- Kim’s Convenience (Netflix / CBC)
- Harry Potter series
- Marvel series in chronological order
- Zoe Sugg – I love hows she’s a home body like me! I can watch her all day just chilling at home
- I Covet Thee – Alix is super chill and I love her minimalist vibes and home decor
- Jenn Im – I love watching Jenn’s weekly vlogs. Whether she’s just at home or travelling around the world, I find her really funny & super relatable.
- Niomi Smart – Whenever I feel lazy, Niomi Smart always motivates me to work out more & eat healthier. Plus, her and Joe are the cutest couple ever!
- John & Malie – J&M are such a cute travel couple. Eden and I always have their travel videos on the background and it gives us so much FOMO (in a good way!)
- Worth It – Last but not least, I love watching Steven and Andrew compare foods at 3 different price points. It’s just great to see what restaurants are out there.
COOK AT HOME
With all this extra time at home, we’ve been doing A LOT of bulk cooking especially in our new instant pot. Eden and I prefer to cook the largest portions possible to last us for days. We follow most of our recipes from Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot
WEEKEND BRUNCH + GROCERY
Our weekend ritual involves picking up our Market Box from KASpace Cafe which contains an assortment of fresh vegetables and fruits from small scale local farmers. The box is ideal for household of 2-4 people. They also have a bakery box that is vegan as well. While we’re there, we also call ahead to order take out brunch. They make THE BEST nutella crepes & matcha lattes!
FULL HOME CLEAN
We live in a condo, but my gosh, can 2 people create a mess in a small space. We’ve been spending the weekend tackling different parts of our living space. With the spring weather approaching, its also time to bring out our balcony furniture and swap out our fall/winter clothes with our spring/summer. We try to have our heavy duty winter jackets brought out for dry cleaning every year but we will be holding off on that for now.
READ A BOOK
It’s not too late to make a reading resolution this year. Whether it’s a physical book, audiobook, or even an ebook, it’s the perfect time to whip that book out now. I’ve started a “Read With Me” series on my blog so feel free to check out what I’ve been reading this year. I’m also planning on revisiting the Harry Potter series after watching the movies recently.
A few other Reading Bloggers / Instagrammers include:
- @fellaby a book worm Instagrammer
- Grace Atwood from thestripe.com has her own book club
- Reese Witherspoon’s book club
- Jenn Im inspired me to read 42 books this year, so here’s her top 10 book picks
SELF LOVE & SPA DAY
I’ve been taking more bubble baths at home, and I’ve revisited some of my favourite Body Shop products such as their Green Tea Bath Bomb and their British Rose Petal for bubbles. The Body Shop bath products are great and also very budget friendly. Sometimes I read a book in the bath while other times I turn the light off, light up some of my favourite 3 wick candles from Bath & Body Works and play a random 3 hour spa tune softly in the background.
DESIGN & DECORATE
I’ve always been super into home decor and I’ve been doing a lot of research lately on Pinterest for living room & bedroom inspirations. Once I find something on Zara Home or H&M home, I save the items on the app and will look around to find even better deals. I won’t be actually purchasing anything yet – not until things return to normal and I get to raid Home Sense for even better deals.
If you’re super into plant decor & gold hardware, H&M Home just released a new spring Golden Green collection with exactly those items. It’s everything I want in my home.
During these unprecedented times, it’s okay to treat yourself when you feel like it. I’ve been ordering Chatime bubble teas & Millie crepes via UberEats when I want to treat myself. There’s no shame in indulging a little.
That’s it from me! Please feel free to leave any ‘stay at home’ ideas & suggestions in the comments below. Feel free to also follow along my Instagram page where I update daily with what I’m up to!
Written by Grace Yeung
Edited by Eden Yeung
SAVE OR SHARE THIS POST ON PINTEREST