A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of attending a delectable tasting at Mistura. Everything served that evening from the array of small bites to every course after that was made to perfection. Chef Klaus did a wonderful job as each item served from Mistura‘s kitchen was carefully prepared and executed to the tee.
Mistura Restaurant has been a Toronto landmark for 20 years and owner Paolo Paolini is excited to create a new dining experience for his customers. This means a new Executive Chef, new dishes and new decor. Chef Klaus was Sous Chef at Mistura for six years before becoming Executive Chef. As a passionate chef, he loves to explore his food by using the most humble & simple ingredients and transforming them into sophisticated dishes.
Chef Klaus’ signature housemade charcuterie
Chef Klaus cures his own charcuterie.
Warm Mushroom & Gorgonzola Crostini
- This was one of my many favourites of the evening. Mushrooms were sauteed perfectly with the right amount of gorgonzola to mushrooms – all bedded on a crispy crostini
A Mistura of Crostini
Paolo Paolini, owner of Mistura Restaurant, sat with us during the entire dinner to walk us through each course. Within seconds of speaking to Paolo, you can quickly sense how passionate he is about food and loves being able to share and enjoy it together. The menus at Mistura are seasonally prepared using local sourced ingredients when possible and elevated to please the discerning tastes of today’s food conscious diners.
Sweet Corn Soup
- Roasted Onion & Crab Salsa, Corn Croutons, Creme Fraiche
Wild Boar Agnolotti
- Port stewed dried Cherries, wilted Greens, roasting Jus
Blasamic Glazed Lamb Ribs
- a Mistrua favourite with Vegetable Slaw and Minted Yogurt
- These glazed lamb ribs were made to perfection – it was a ‘fall off the bone’ tender
- Gribiche fresh Herbs, Gherkin, Caper & Boiled Egg
- Pan seared Filet with Lemon scented Bean Salad, Manila Clams, Olive Oil poached Cherry Tomatoes
- I savoured every bite of this perfectly pan seared filet and inhaled all the veggies bedded underneath
Boneless Free Range Chicken
- with Squash Caponata, Chestnut Puree, roasted Onions, and sauteed Spinach
- I usually associate boneless chicken with ‘dry’ – but the one served at Mistura is nowhere near dry. Each slice of chicken was super juicy and was complimented well with the chestnut puree
Vanilla Panna Cotta
- Blueberries, Strawberry Meringue Crumble, crispy sugar tuile
Special thanks to Mistura Restaurant for having us at this dinner tasting. Each item that left the kitchen was honestly prepared & executed to perfection. Chef Klaus did such a wonderful job showcasing his take on upscale Italian food. Mistura Restaurant is located on 265 Davenport Road – opened for dinner service Monday to Friday with Sundays are opened for private functions.
Mistura Restaurant|| Twitter || Instagram || Facebook
This event was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.