Marni’s Coconut Oat Apple Crumble
Not only is this recipe bursting with flavour and antioxidants, but it is naturally sweetened and full of fibre!
It is light, and makes a great dessert, breakfast or snack – especially topped with sheeps yogurt or coconut ice cream!
You will need:
- 6-8 apples (different colours)
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice mixed with 1
- tablespoon of arrowroot
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
How It’s Made
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse apples (peeling is optional if they are organic). Quarter them, remove seeds and slice thinly or cut into small chunks
2. Place apples and blueberries in baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, sea salt, cinnamon and pour juice over fruit. Toss to mix
3. Mix crisp ingredients and crumble over fruit evenly
4. Press down gently; bake for 30 to 45 minutes until crust is crunchy and gold, and apples are soft
This recipe is from Marni Wasserman – Toronto’s first plant based cooking studio.
Leave a comment
Yummy and healthy! This is perfect for tomorrow’s breakfast or today’s snack 🙂
Georgs Kolesnikovs asked me to get in touch. We’d like to make sure you’re fully acquainted with plans for the 2016 Great Canadian Cheese Festival.
A general news release and all other Festival information is available at https://cheesefestival.ca/media/
Media passes are available at https://tinyurl.com/CF16Media
In addition to the event, we can set up interviews with the attending award-winning cheese makers at the Festival.
Here’s an idea for a promotion you might like to undertake: Benefit your readers, build loyalty, say thank you to your supporters – and help more people get to the Cheese Festival. Publish a dedicated promotional code so that tour readers/followers can obtain a 20% discount on tickets purchased online. That’s 10% off the regular price for admission.
The promo code is created exclusively for use by your readers. Here’s how we suggest you communicate the special offer to your readers:
Get 25% off admission tickets for The Great Canadian Cheese Festival by entering a promotional code you would request from me before starting your online ticket order at https://cheesefestival.ca/tickets/. Good only on tickets purchased online in advance of the Festival on June 4-5. Visit https://cheesefestival.ca for information on the Festival. Go for the day or make a weekend of it!
If I can help in any other way, just let me know.
The Great Canadian Cheese Festival
June 4-5, 2016
Picton Fairgrounds, Prince Edward County, Bay of Quinte Region, Ontario
Telephone: 613-476-0412 (cell: 613-743-5330)
Best of Show Buyer’s Guide: https://tinyurl.com/best-of-tgccf-2015