Located at the intersections of King West & Brant, The Citizen (@TheCitizen_TO) is the newest addition to the King West family! I was invited to a little sneak preview a few days prior to their grand opening on Thursday March 20th!
The Citizen is inspired by the classic bars of the 1930s. I haven’t visited the space prior so I was completely amazed with how spacious the venue was. An enormously rectangular shaped bar plotted in the centre of the restaurant. Decorated with lots of luxurious tufted high top stools made along the side and a few couches at the front that complements the vintage wood panelling. Throughout the space, they blend a bit of old school charm with modern touches.
Smoked Trout Lettuce Wrap
- Fried Shrimp with tartar sauce and hot sauce
Jalapeño Pepper Croquettes Sweet Potatoes
- charred jalapeño and buttermilk ranch
Beef Tartar Salsa Verde
- pickled peppers & crostini
After an hour of appetizers and cocktails, they opened up the back area and welcomed us to their dining area. Here is a quick snap shot I took.. Unfortunately I had to leave the media dinner right before dinner but my friend stayed to take pictures for me.
So here are the pictures of what was served – I will definitely come back to actually taste it! Happy viewing 🙂
- sherry vinaigrette & smoked crème fraiche and dill
Fried Chicken Thighs
- chicken liver, crispy skin and sweet potato mash with coleslaw & buttermilk biscuit
Pork Belly Smoked Mac n Cheese
- broccoli and pickled chili
Warm Butternut Squash Salad
- Smoked blue haze cheese, oyster mushroom, kale and pear vinaigrette
- parsnip puree, kale and horseradish creme fraiche
Chocolate Chip cookies with Milk
As I mentioned earlier, I will need to come back to visit the entrées – so hope you enjoyed the pictures for now 🙂
Special thanks to my good friend Wenting for snapping the dinner photos for me 🙂
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content