Last week we went to check out Fran’s Upper Deck, a new casual concept that was launched earlier this summer. Upper Deck by Fran’s takes over the two floors above Fran’s flagship College Street location. This particular location features two bars, an all season rooftop patio (retractable roof) with TV’s hovering the bar and a huge projector screen along with plenty of communal seating.
Guests can still enjoy their favourite classic comforts and diner style breakfasts whilst indulging in Upper Deck by Fran’s menu that focuses on Americana and International Flavours. That being said, you can expect items like their Bourbon BBQ Bacon Meatloaf Sandwich and their triple threat Boomtown Burger.
Cucumber Thyme Caprioska ($9.00 for 1.5 oz / Shareable $30 for 16 oz)
Strawberry, Orange, Banana Sangria White ($9.00 for 1.5oz / Shareable $30.00 for 16oz)
Upper Deck by Fran’s also offers an affordable $5.00 snack menu which enables guests to snack on bits here and there and a create a shareable feast.
Bacon Cheese Bomb ($5.00)
- Munster Cheese, served with marinara sauce for dipping
Chilli Lime Shrimp Cup ($5.00)
- Cilantro, Chilli Honey Sauce, Lime, Dill Sauce
- These are great for shareables – nice bite sized bits. Grilled shrimps were enjoyable. However the cups containing everything were slightly hard -making these shrimp cups a little bit tough to chew.
Spicy BBQ Pork Spare Ribs (One Pound $11.95 / Two Pounds $19.00 / Three Pounds $29.00)
- Everyone knows I have the lowest tolerance for spicy foods but these were very mild in spice. The spare ribs itself were fall off the bone tender.
Grilled Cilantro Shrimp Salad ($15.95)
- Grilled Shrimp, mixed greens, peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots
- The grilled shrimps at Upper Deck by Fran’s are actually quite addictive. Couldn’t get enough of the shrimp cups so I’m glad we ordered a shrimp salad.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese ($12.00)
- Munster, Jack, Cheddar Cheese, Tomato, Fresh basil
- I’ve been craving grilled cheese sandwiches lately and this one did not disappoint. Toasted perfectly with the right amount of cheese oozing after each bite of the sandwich.
Chicken and Waffle ($15.95)
- with spicy honey maple syrup
Boomtown Burger ($25.00)
- Two patties, Lemon Chicken, Cheddar, Guacamole, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Red Onions, Aioli, Pickles
- I’m pretty sure the Boomtown burger needs its own sub-section called “Shareable Homemade Burgers” haha Our waitress did mention to us that this burger was recommended for 2-4 people to share. We enjoyed this fully loaded double patty burger and I mean who wouldn’t love a burger with double patty AND fried chicken inside too?
Famous Red Velvet Cheesecake ($9.00)
I really enjoyed my experience at Upper Deck By Fran’s. I loved how the rooftop patio was surrounded by tall brick walls so you feel a little bit secluded – its honestly a great place to sit back and relax. The $5.00 menu & the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich along with anything containing grilled shrimp are definitely worth a try. I will be back for their grilled cheese =)
Upper Deck by Fran’s || Twitter || Instagram || Facebook
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.