FIGO – is a gorgeously decorated restaurant situated at the corner of Adelaide & John. Lead by Head Chef Executive Anna Chen, FIGO offers authentic Italian cuisine using the freshest and finest ingredients. The approach at FIGO is simple, they source the best ingredients possible and preparing them in a modern way. When we arrived at the restaurant, I couldn’t get over how lovely the space was with natural lighting pouring through the glass walls.
- taggiasche olives, preserved tomato
- Scallops were seared and seasoned perfectly
- The 3 scallops left me hungry so we decided to order another entrée (There is an option to add more scallops with extra costs)
- Mushrooms, grano padano
- The polenta was incredibly delicious; very soft and “pillowy” – embedded with mushrooms that I could eat for days
- Clams, chili, dill
- My usually go to pastas are choices that lean towards the heavier side (bolognese); just because I feel more satisfied with those options
- My friend selected this dish and it was amazing. Pasta & clams were cooked perfectly. The dish was light and simple; which I didn’t think I would enjoy but it turned out to be a lovely surprise.
Mushroom Pizza ($19.00)
- Caramelized onion, cacciocavalo, potato, watercress, truffle
- I enjoyed the plethora of mushrooms on this pizza but enjoyed the truffle & caramelized onions even more – Though I would have preferred my pizza to be slightly more crispy in the middle
Panna Cotta ($8.00)
- Vanilla, elderflower jelly, blueberries
Loved the simplicity offerings at FIGO – cannot wait to check out their brunch selections. On a side note, I’m not usually one to complain about service but the hostess left us with quite the “welcoming” first impression. When we arrived at FIGO for our 5:00pm reservation on a week night, the hostess was nowhere to be seen for several minutes (the restaurant was quite empty at the time). When she finally noticed us, she came towards us looking rather pissed. She then just stared and waited for us to speak up first. So we did. She led us to our seats, left the menus on the tables and sped away quickly without saying anything – it was almost like we were bothering her ………………….Perhaps she was having an off day? (oh, our server & the rest of the dining experience was lovely by the way!)