This year I wanted to do a different kind of holiday gift guide on my blog. With the lockdown restrictions in effect, I feel that it is very important for us to do what we can to support local businesses especially with the long winter ahead. So to do my part, I wanted to take the time to highlight some of my favourite local businesses that offer great holiday gifts this Christmas!
1// Nutbar Super Food Cafe
If you follow me on my Instagram, you’d already know that I swear by the matcha lattes at Nutbar. They also offer a wide variety of healthy items on their snack menu which are 100% organic, carefully sourced and made in house. I really love everything that Nutbar is doing, especially the fact that they are promoting and supporting other local businesses as well. When you visit their website or stores, you’ll be able to find other products from other small businesses that are also being sold. Here are a few items I picked up today:
- 500 ml of nutbar nutmilk – Made with cashews, almonds, coconut, dates, sea salt and filtered water.
- Kitchen Sink Cookie Kit – Makes 20 cookies. All you need is coconut oil, honey or maple syrup and almond milk (or another milk of your choice)
- 8 bites – Assorted flavours. These Nutbar bites are a mash up of mixed superfoods held together by either organic dates, figs or nut butters
- 12oz JOCO cup – This sustainable and sleek joco cup comes in 2 colours. They are 100% plastic free and certified non-toxic.
2// Lilac Bath Beauty
You guys know how much I love my bubble baths so of course I had to include some bath products in this gift guide! Lilac Bath Beauty‘s products are 100% naturally and ethically sourced, cruelty free & plant based. Each product that you purchase is hand crafted and made with love 🙂 They offer soap bars, bath bombs, hair masks and face masks. I’ve tried the following bar soaps and they leave your skin silky smooth:
- Vanilla Bean & Coffee Exfoliating Soap
- Coconut Amaretto Exfoliating Soap Bar
- Mango Butter Shave Bar
3// Bonjour Brioche
For the past couple Sunday mornings, Eden and I have been grabbing take out from Bonjour Brioche. They are a local cafe in Riverside that serves up some delicious brunch items and offers fresh baked goods. We’ve tried their croissants, while we have seen other customers pick up a whole baguette to go. I usually order their smoke salmon benny while Eden loves to order their spicy bacon sandwich. They are currently doing a $25 gift set that includes the following items:
- 1 bag of cookies
- 1 bag of granola
- Half pound of coffee beans
- 1 bottle of salad dressing (pesto and oil mix)
4// Sweat & Tonic
For those of you looking for intangible gift ideas that can be used from the safety of your own home, I highly recommend gifting Sweat Live classes from my favourite gym – Sweat & Tonic! I’ve been part of the Sweat Fam for over 2 months and hand on heart I love this fitness community. I love the classes, I love the instructors and I love that they care about their members. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed working out as much as I do currently. Sweat & Tonic offers 12-15 Sweat Live classes on any given day so I think there is a little something for everyone. They currently have some holiday gift sets you can pick up for friends and family here!
I also picked up a few goodies from their Black Friday Sale if you’re also interested in picking up some of their S&T merch:
- Lululemon X Sweat Tonic Energy Bra
- Sweat & Tonic mid-calf white socks
- Sweat & Tonic Hand Wraps (for boxing classes)
5// Blush Grove
Last but not least, I wanted to include some home decor in my holiday gift guide because I’m a home-body at heart and I enjoy sprucing up our place from time to time. I did a partnership with Blush Grove earlier this year so you can read all about them here. I want to highlight some of their holiday products that would make great stocking stuffers:
- Steep it Real Holiday Gift Set
- 3 Pack Fuzzy Socks
- Festive Plaid Cushion + Cover
- Jolly AF Mugs
- A wide variety of festive candles!
There you have it! 5 local businesses that I have been loving a lot lately and want to highlight in this gift guide 🙂 It’s a really difficult time for local businesses so any purchase (big or small) can make a huge difference this holiday season!
Written by Grace Yeung
Edited by Eden Yeung