I’m rarely in the Danforth area but if I do trek over to this part of town, I know I’ll be in for a solid meal. Last weekend, I was invited by Jonathan, along with his wife to their restaurant and bar in the Danforth. This power couple were both very lovely and extremely passionate about the food industry & incredibly proud of every single dish offered on NoMad’s menu. They pride themselves for the diversity offered on their menu which comes from global inspirations whilst local creations.
When you’re craving a little bit of everything – NoMads has got you covered. Their menu is divided into Boards, Shareables, Small Plates, Large Plates and Desserts. Each section has inspirations from every part of the world.
The Dom Breezer ($10.00)
- Havana 3yr white rum, simple syrup, fresh pineapple and mint topped with rose wine and soda
- This cocktail is all brunch lover’s rejoice! Very refreshing and crisp. A few more of these will give you a nice boozy brunch
Steamed Bao Bun Platter China ($15.00)
- House-made steam buns, Five spice pork belly, Pickled Cucumber, Red Onion, Cilantro and chili peanuts
- The steamed bao were one of my favourites – the house made buns were warm and fluffly. The pork bellies were cooked perfectly with each bite that had a nice chunk of pork belly that melted in your mouth. The pickled cucumber, red onion, cilantro and peanuts paired really well with the belly.
Sushi Japan ($13.00)
- Spicy tuna, Avocado, Cucumber, Carrot, Terriyaki Sauce
Bison Burger North America ($24.00)
- 8oz bison patty, Boston Lettuce, Pickled cucumber, Tomato bacon relish on a potato scallion bun
- Each bite of the bison burger was incredibly juicy. The tomato bacon relish was what really put the burger together for me in my opinion – leaving a sweet & savoury taste after every bite that makes you wanting more.
Chimichanga USA / Mexico ($16.00)
- Roasted sweet potato, Corn & Black bean salsa, Cilantro – Jalapeno cream
Chicken & Waffles USA ($18.00)
- Southern-style fried chicken, Buttermilk waffle, Jalapeno Butter, Brown butter maple syrup
NoMads Resto Bar can definitely satisfy your cravings if you’re feeling a little bit of everything. Their menu is quite extensive and there is a little something for everyone. Our favourites from the tasting were the Steamed Bao Bun Platter, the Bison Burger and a must order is the chimichanga.
Grace, Food in the City Toronto
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.