Several weeks ago, we were invited to visit the gorgeous Aga Khan Museum located off of the DVP to check out Chef Mark McEwan’s Diwan. Diwan is back with a new lunch menu inspired by tempting flavours from Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, North Africa, and Turkey. At Diwan, diners can enjoy comfortable lounge seating and a spectacular view of the serene Aga Khan Park along with the new patio menu developed by the McEwan Group. The menu features sharing plates, a range of fresh, healthy options, a balance of Silk Route spices, and a Middle Eastern twist, all added to traditional lunch fare. Diwan’s fully licensed patio offers summer dining at its best.
Below are select items from the new menu that we sampled that evening:
- Advieh Spiced Calamari with Aleppo aioli
- Lamb Kofta Meatballs with corn, and coconut curry
- Kibbeh Batata with potato and baby portobello mushrooms, barley, sweet pea tabbouleh, and gorgonzola yogurt
- Beef and Lamb Burger with tomato, arugula, onion, aioli, smoked mustard, and brioche bun
- Harissa Glazed Salmon with asparagus, fennel puree, and sunchoke crisps
- Chicken Shwarma Salad with shawarma-spiced chicken breast, romaine, quinoa, tomato, cucumber, onion, chickpea puree, egg, tahini yogurt, and naan
- A range of mocktails and cocktails featured daily, such as Cucumber Masala and Sumac Martini
While at the Museum, we also had the opportunity to tour the newly opened exhibition Syrian Symphony: New Compositions in Sight and Sound,an immersive, interactive, and multi-sensory portrayal of the current situation in Syria.
Please enjoy the photos – courtesy of Christie Yuen (https://www.instagram.com/cyhurein/)
All images are provided by Christie Yuen from https://www.instagram.com/cyhurein/
Aga Khan Museum|| Twitter || Instagram || Facebook
Grace, Food in the City Toronto
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO
This event was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.