A few weekends ago, my friends and I decided to trek out to Niagara on the Lake to try Jet Boating (for the first time) & attend the Lavendar Festival. On the agenda for the day, we also scheduled an afternoon visit to Kitchen 76 @ Two Sisters Vineyard. Two Sisters Vineyard is Niagara’s newest premium winery of about 76 acres of land.
Dining on the patio of Kitchen 76 was spectacular. The incredibly high ceilings of their patio whilst looking out to the rows and rows of grapes was incredible. Their menu features Italian-inspired dishes that pairs perfectly with their full spectrum of wine.
We requested to sit out on the patio which was 80% full when we arrived. It was a good idea we made reservations (just incase).
Looking out onto the vineyard during the entire meal was amazing – absolutely breathtaking!
Salumi e Formaggi ($26.00)
- Selection of three cured meats and imported cheeses, marinated olives, estate grown compotes and honeyed nuts
- Thoroughly enjoyed the selections of cured meat and imported cheese. I really liked the addiction of the small bits of honeyed nuts added to the board for that extra bit of sweetness.
- Basil pesto with grilled zucchini, and pecorino
Funghi Pizza ($26.00)
- Oyster Mushroom, pancetta, asiago, spinach and mozzarella
- Couldn’t ask for anything more given that all my favourite toppings were all piled onto one pizza. Kitchen 76 were very generous with their oyster mushrooms. I would have preferred if the pizza was on a thin crust.
Salsiccee e Peperone ($20.00)
- Mild Italian sausage with grilled peppers, mozzarella and pecorino romano
- I think Italian sausage on paninis are generally a better option than other types of meat only because sausages are a bit more juicy – so this was almost like a perfect breakfast sandwich!
Last but not least, we definitely had to order a dessert to finish off our vineyard lunch!
After our lovely lunch, we strolled along the breathtaking vineyard!
All in all, our overall experience was an enjoyable and a relaxing one. I would recommend this place for couples looking for a weekend getaway. The food was decent but I wouldn’t exactly be running back here anytime soon as I’d like to look for other restaurants in the Niagara on the Lake area to check out. Please feel free to send me your favourite Niagara on the Lake restaurants!
Two Sisters Vineyard|| Twitter || Instagram || Facebook
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO