Nestled away on Queen Street E & Church, The Carbon Bar serves up their fair share of your not-so-average dishes. They don’t do normal over here; they have options to enhance patrons’ experiences by offering items in platters to ensure patrons are stuffed trying a galore of different items whether that’s from their seafood bar to their wood fire pit offerings. I’ve visited The Carbon Bar on two occasions. Once in their dining room section and the other time at the bar – both visits left me a happy camper.
Lobster Lover’s Rejoice! This month, The Carbon Bar celebrates lobster month by introducing their Nova Scotia Lobster Burger for $20.00 with the purchase of an Alexander Keith’s. This deal is available from now until the end of September.
Jalisco Sour ($15.00)
- corn infused Casamigos Tequila, Ancho Reyes, lemon, egg white, tajin
- My definition of a Whiskey Sour. Sweet and citrusy lemon juice finished off with a stronger tequila after taste. The egg white adds a bit of frothiness.
Wild Shrimp Ceviche ($15.00)
- leche de tigre, Peruvian pepper berries, avocado, coriander, edible flowers, tomatillo & lime granita
- This wild shrimp ceviche was light, refreshing and tangy. The lime granita left each bite with a citrus taste. The addition of avocado just makes everything taste that much better.
Hush Puppies ($7.00)
- jalapeno ranch
Nova Scotia Lobster Burger ($25.00) or $20.00 with the purchase of an Alexander Keith’s
- pit smoked bacon, truffled hollandaise beefsteak tomato, dill pickle, old bay mayo
- The star of the show – the heaps of fresh lobster pieces were intact and deep fried to a nice & crispy brown colour.
- The pit smoked bacon added a different aspect of delicious fattiness to the whole burger – and with a huge slab of old bay mayo – what more can a hungry girl ask for in a burger?
Close up shot of the lobster burger
Pit Master Platter ($30.00 per person – minimum 2 people)
- St. Louis pork ribs, USDA prime beef brisket, buttermilk fried chicken, dill pickles, fries & chipotle mayo
- The platters at The Carbon Bar come elevated on a stand so its easier to share and rotate. My favourite was the pork ribs. Fall off the bone tender.
- Their Ribs & Brisket are dry rubbed and enhanced by the smoke of the white oak that smolders in their pit. No sauce is applied during cooking as they feel its best that the flavours of the high quality meats speak for themselves.
Mac & Cheese ($11.00)
- cheddar, mozzarella, gruyere
- Last but not least, this Mac & Cheese was glorious. This side dish was incredibly creamy and baked to a pretty golden colour. The top layer was baked to a nice thin crispy texture (by no way was it burnt or hard). The best part of it all was that after every bite, there was a good kick of spice to it. (Some may think the spiciness was subtle, but for me it was a good kick)
The Nova Scotia Lobster Burger deal for $20.00 is available from now until the end of September with the purchase of an Alexander Keith’s. You don’t want to miss out on this monstrous burger!
The Carbon Bar || Twitter || Instagram || Facebook
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO
The Nova Scotia Lobster Burger was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.