For the past 10 days (August 12-21), Estrella Damm Tapas Journey was in full swing for the its second year in a row with 38 participating restaurants. The Estrella Damm Tapas Journey features original tapas inspired by the diverse culture in Toronto and prepared by the city’s Top Chefs.
Each tapas menu is distinct and showcases the chefs’ creativity by pushing their culinary boundaries. For $20.00, guests were able to enjoy 3 tapas, paired with an Estrella Damm at any of the 38 participating restaurants. Sandi (Foodaholic Blog) and myself visited Provo Food Bar to check out their Tapas Journey!
Led by Chef Daniel Duckett, Provo Food Bar is a casual, loft-like space serving international inspired tapas plus craft brews & signature cocktails.
3 Cheese Pintxos ($6.00)
- Gorgonzola, Brie & Oka topped with Olive Dirt
- This tapa dish screams out to all cheese lovers. My favourite type of cheese is Brie – melted on a perfectly toasted slice of bread was oh so good!
- Octopus, Squid, Scallops & Shrimp with Sesame Yuzu Dressing
- Another highlight of the evening, salads are always better with yuzu dressing and this one did not disappoint. Sweet, citrusy and refreshing is how I would describe this tapa.
- Stuffed with Hdjua & Duck Confit
Since this was my first visit to Provo Food Bar, Sandi & I decided to order a few more items off their regular menu.
Duck Confit Rillette Crostini ($6.00)
- 2 pieces – all on house-made baguette
Calamari Pomodoro ($9.00)
- san marzano tomato + bazil
- Sandi suggested this dish and I loved it! It was like indulging in a seafood pasta but without the pasta! Huge fan of the tomato sauce used
Wild Mushroom Linguine ($9.00)
- mushroom ragout + rosemary
- This pasta was subtle in taste which I like – but would have preferred if they had use less oil.
- Their desserts were written up on a chalkboard and I forgot to make note of the price. This panna cotta was a jello type texture with a sweet and citrusy taste.
I’m glad to be able to participate in this year’s Estrella Damm Tapas Journey. The 3 tapas & a Estrella Damm for $20.00 is such a steal – can’t wait to see whats in store for the coming year!