Summerlicious is back in full swing and currently running until the 24th of this month. Given that Summerlicious menus are only being offered for the 9 remaining days, my friend and I decided to take advantage of the offering and made a visit to Azure Restaurant & Bar (Facebook: Intercontinental Hotel / Twitter @ICTorontoCentre). Located inside the Intercontinental hotel, Azure showcases seasonally inspired, contemporary Canadian cuisine.
Call me a tourist or what not but I couldn’t stop staring at the glass ceiling and walls (especially while it was raining). I loved dining under the canopy of glass; it totally worked in my favour for the lighting of my photos.
Bread to start
Leaves of Arugula & Compressed Watermelon
- radicchio, frisée, feta, pine nuts & passion fruit vinaigrette
Truffle Honey Fig & Prosciutto Tartine
- focaccia, mascarpone, balsamic & baby watercress
- I love the simplicity of this savoury dish and not to mention the generous portion served for an appetizer
- With all the herb flavours of the focaccia, it made the perfect match for sweet figs and savoury prosciutto
Dillon’s Rye BBQ Glazed Duck Breast
- peach & cucumber salsa, wheat berry salad & cilantro yogurt
- Generally speaking, duck is one of my favourite meats (after lamb) – The BBQ glaze gave the duck breast a sweet flavour; and paired well with the salsa. We were both quite satisfied indulging slice after slice of the duck breast. The wheat berry salad & cilantro yogurt were just okay.
Ricotta & Spinach Agnolotti
- green peas, lemon & basil ricotta & rosé sauce
- I usually gravitate towards any pasta served in rosé sauce & this one didn’t disappoint. I don’t usually opt for vegetarian dishes when I dine out but the creaminess from the rosé sauce & cheesy ricotta and spinach just sat really well together. It was really filling that we even forgot this was a vegetarian dish.
Chocolate S’Mores Parfait
- lindt milk chocolate mousse with mallow, graham crumble & caramel
Peaches N Cream Cheesecake
- lavender short bread with orange blossom meringue & blood peach purée
Limon Cello Cherry Pie
- sweet crust, red currant gelato & crème anglaise
This was actually my first dining experience at the restaurant – my friend and I were both caught off guard with our experience and left feeling quite content. The Prosciutto Tartine was quite tasty along with the glazed duck breast and vegetarian pasta. I recommend those items off their summerlicious menu. The desserts however, were nothing too special. Our waitress insisted we tried the cherry pie (served warm) after noticing it wasn’t part of our 2 dessert selections. She kindly ended up bringing out all 3 of the desserts on the summerlicious menu for us to try. Perhaps my friend and I are not so much “pie” dessert people, we preferred the s’mores parfait & cheesecake over the dessert cherry pie. Overall, my friend and I enjoyed our summerlicious experience at Azure. $48 for their 3 course Dinner -Summerlicious is running until the 24th of July!
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.