Two weeks ago we made a visit to Yorkville, one of my favourite shopping areas in Toronto. Though we weren’t exactly in Yorkville to shop this time, we did up at Paramount Fine Foods to check out their new exciting menu items! Paramount Find Foods (Facebook: Paramount Fine Foods / Instagram: ParamountFineFoodsOfficial / Twitter: @ParamountFoods) is the fastest growing Middle Eastern restaurant in North America. The company sources only the freshest products for its authentic recipes. I’ve actually visited the Yorkville location for their grand opening last year around the same time and had a lovely meal so I was quite excited to be back again!
- Layers of fresh strawberry and mango juices with mixed fruits, topped with fresh strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, almonds, crushed pistachio, ashta cream and honey
- I originally requested for a Mango Juice (because its always my go to drink from Paramount) but was persuaded by our waitress that the Paramount Special is a must try. She was right, this was pretty damn good. The strawberry and mango juice together were very sweet and refreshing, topped off with some ashta cream and honey that made the juice a little bit thicker – oh so yummy!
Mezza Plate ($9.99)
- Hummus, Moutabbal, Tabbouleh
- Equal portions of our famous hummus, Moutabbal and Freshly prepared Tabbouleh
- We were slightly let down with the Tabbouleh salad this time. The tabbouleh salad from my previous visit during the opening tasted a lot better. Perhaps they didn’t add enough olive oil, the tabbouleh was just a tad dry so we ended up eating a dry salad.
Yalla Special ($9.99)
- Fries topped with chicken shawarma, garlic sauce and tahini sauce
BBQ Chicken Wings ($7.49)
- 3 pieces of whole marinated BBQ Wings
- I am a wings kind of gal so I pretty much inhaled this dish – BBQ seasoning was perfect
BBQ Shrimp Plate ($16.49)
- 2 Skewers of marinated shrimp served with basmati rice, tomato garlic sauce, pickles and turnips
- I’m a seafood lover so it was an obvious choice for me to opt for this. The BBQ shrimp tasted well – I loved dipping the shrimp into the tomato garlic sauce.
Saj Wraps (Chicken $11.99 / Beef $12.99 / Sujuk Sausage $11.99)
- Served Tabliyeh Style (on a wooden board) with fries, pickles, turnips and sauce
Overall, I felt that our previous visit at Paramount had a bit more consistency in terms all the different dishes we ordered.There were a few hiccups with our visit this time – some dishes were more memorable than others but I do recommend the BBQ Wings and also the shrimp plate. The Paramount Special (mango & strawberry) is a must try.
PS. Paramount Fine Foods‘ new menu items are available at all GTA locations.
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content