Last month I indulged in one of the best brunches I’ve ever had in a very long time. I’ve been to La Societe (Instagram: LaSocieteTO / Twitter: LaSocieteTO) in Yorkville for dinner several times but never for brunch. Honestly, their brunch menu is a whole other level! The experience was quite lovely – we visited them on a Saturday afternoon, weather was amazing – of course we opted to sit on the patio. I also want to mention that I’ve never come across a restaurant (before La Societe) that has its own separate “Eggs Benny” Section on a Brunch menu – I was quite amazed. Keep scrolling down =)
We arrived 30 mins before our brunch reservations but were still seated quite promptly. The restaurant was not overly busy on a Saturday afternoon – patrons were arriving while some were just finishing up their meal. Reservations are recommended though!
Ricotta Pancakes ($15.00)
- Blueberries and maple syrup butter
- These are hands down the best pancakes I’ve ever. Every bite was incredibly soft and fluffy. The best part of this pancake (besides the maple syrup butter) is the ever so lightly crisp edges of the pancake. I could eat this for days.
Close up shot
Eggs Benny with Parisian Ham ($15.00)
- Dijon glazed ham, hollandaise, pommes Lyonnaise
- This Parisian Ham Eggs Benny was pretty good but I don’t think I would order it again only because I would like to try the lobster benny!
Short Rib Hash ($20.00)
- Braised shortrib, poached eggs, hollandaise and pommes Lyonnaise
- The Short Rib Hash is on the same level of the blueberry pancakes. The poached eggs were poached perfectly – the yolk literally oozed out onto the rest of the dish the second we poked our knife in. The braised shortrib tasted great and was very tender. Lastly, I’m a huge potato person and the hash did not disappoint – seasoned perfectly!
Crisp Bacon ($4.00)
I highly recommend La Societe for brunch – it was honestly a solid meal & experience. Great place for a date, or with girlfriends or even a place to take the mom! The blueberry pancakes & the shortrib hash are MUST ORDERS!
Grace, Food in the City Toronto
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO