I attended Taste of Toronto 2016 for the very first time this year. Thanks to Metro Ontario (Instagram: MetroOntario / Facebook: Metro.Ontario), I had the opportunity of not only attending the event but I had the chance to participate in their Metro Master Class. Essentially Metro Master Classes provide Taste of Toronto attendees to hands-on-cook with Toronto’s best chefs!
More about the Metro Master Class:
- Learn to create your own mouthwatering dishes
- The best of ingredients supplied by Metro
- Receive hints, tips and techniques in the kitchen
- Free – no charge, first come, first served on the day of the event
We attended the Saturday 12:30PM master class at the Metro Tent. All supplies & ingredients were provided by Metro. We were situated in front of celebrated Toronto Chef, Anthony Rose (Bar Begonia, Fat Pasha, Schmaltz Appetizing, Rose and Sons and Big Crow) and created Chef”s delicious Msabbaha – a vegetarian/vegan dish.
We were all paired up at every work station!
Special thanks to Metro for having me at Taste of Toronto & the Metro Master Class. It was a lot of fun and I’ve never participated in any master class for that matter so it was definitely a new learning experience. I wished I also attended the Risotto & Mushroom & Truffle Class & the sushi making class! It’s the perfect opportunity for those that love to cook. Looking forward to next year’s classes =)
After the Metro Master Class, we wandered around the park to check out all the different restaurant vendors. I wanted to share with you a few Instagram photos of items we did manage to try =) FYI – the official currency at Taste of Toronto is in Crowns. $1 = 1 Crown
From Miku Restaurant || Aburi Oshi Sushi (10 Crowns):
- Two pieces of each served with house made pickles: Salmon Oshi: pressed BC wild sockeye salmon, jalapeno, Miku Sauce. Ebi Oshi: pressed prawn, lime zest, ume sauce
From Kanpai Snack Bar || Formasa Ceviche (8 Crowns):
- Shrimp, Squid, Citrus fruits, Bell Peppers, Bird’s eye chill, Ontario apples and trompa tequila with crispy taro chips
From Mamakas Taverna || Ice Cream (6 Crowns):
- Baklava Soft Serve
From Mamakas Taverna || Potato Croquettes (8 Crowns):
- Feta Kefalotyri, Spicy florina pepper sauce
From Mamakas Taverna || Lamb Kontosouvli (10 Crowns):
- Spit Roasted Ontario Lamb, Bulgar Salad, Tzatziki, Oregano
From Richmond Station || Station Burger (10 Crowns):
- Milk bun, Beet Chutney, Onion Ring
From The McEwan Group Crispy Calamari Po-Boy (8 Crowns):
- with ACE Bakery charcoal bun, lemon caper aioli
FOLLOW ME ON: TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || FACEBOOK || ZOMATO
Our admission to the event was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.