Last Friday I attended a lovely lunch at the Buroughes Building hosted by Metro Ontario (Facebook: Metro.Ontario / Instagram: metroontario / Youtube: Metro Ontario) The focus of the event was to celebrate the official launch of Metro’s New Local Purchasing Program with a seasonal focus.
Field of Greens
- Ontario sprouted beans, red beet, pumpkin seed, parmesan, and maple walnut vinaigrette
Ontario Beer Brined Chicken
- Ontario asparagus, torched escarole, green pea puree, fiddleheads, grilled king mushrooms and brown butter vinaigrette
Egg Yolk Ravioli
- Ontario green pea and ricotta filling, brown butter crumble, pecorino
Ontario Rainbow Trout
- Ontario asparagus, torched escarole, green pea puree, fiddleheads and hot house tomato confit
Goat’s Milk Panna Cotta
- Ontario strawberry and rhubarb, dehydrated pink peppercorn meringue and mint
Lunch looked great but tasted even better. I opted for the chicken but wished I went for the Ravioli. The egg yolk was pouring out of the ravioli like an eggs benny! The highlight for me was the panna cotta – sweet but not over powering. Thank you Metro for having me at the launch of your newly Local Purchasing Program!
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.