I’ve visited this rustic restaurant a few months back and totally thought I’ve published this post! My apologies but I still want to share my wonderful experience at Parlor Foods & Co (Twitter: @ParlorFoods / Instagram: @ parlorfoods) for their take on serving great Canadian local foods.
Parlor Foods & Co, located across the TIFF building, prides themselves in serving simple Canadian food in a casual down to earth atmosphere. Driven by the seasons and local markets, the food is inspired by the bounty of Canada and cooked with passion.
I absolutely love the rustic & laid back vibe that Parlor Foods & Co gives off. The second you walk in the restaurant, all you’ll notice is the very woodsy decor from top to bottom.
Smoked Maple Manhattan ($14.25)
- Crown Royal, sweet vermouth, smoked maple syrup, walnut pecan and angostura bitters, angelica bitters
- Selection of in-house cured meats
Oysters – Daily Selection 3 / 6/ 12 ($12 / $24 / $36)
- Horseradish, mignonette, hot sauce, lemons
Shishito Poppers ($11.00)
- Tempura fried flame roasted peppers, cream cheese & pickled jalapeno, vegetable and herb raita dip
The “Vodilated” Burger ($26.00)
- Extra patty and extra cheese. Ontario chuck patty, buttermilk bun, classic cheddar, streaky bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle & Parlor sauce served with frites or salad.
Short Ribs ($28.00)
- Braised short ribs , glazed with a red wine Veal jus, parsnip & white chocolate puree, baby carrots, brussels sprouts, & pearl Onions
The house made cured meats were amazing. Next 2 favourites include the burger and the short ribs. Great service. Great vibe. Check out Parlor Foods & Co to indulge in some great Canadian Foods.
This meal was complimentary but Foodinthecitytoronto.com remains unbiased in our content.