Boehmer (@BoehmerResto) by Chef Boehmer (@ChefBoehmer) was a must try for me this year for summerlicious hence why I made reservations a month in advance! So many foodies have been raving about the food here but not so much the price – so I thought $45 for a licious dinner would be the perfect steal!
Located on Ossington, Boehmer is a sophisticated and elegant space serving dishes featuring locally grown and harvested Canadian ingredients.
Loved the elegant decor here – a very modern chic space; Boehmer is a spacious long restaurant with tons of paintings covering the walls – a beautiful chandelier hovering the long communal table in the middle of the restaurant.
Open kitchen concept located towards the back of the restaurant
The restaurant has a large window at the front of restaurant – bright lighting – very inviting.
(Left) Ossington Cup ($10.00) – Cucumber, Pimm’s No.1, Gin, Lavender Syrup, Lemon, Ginger Ale
(Right) Lord Bergamot ($12.00) – Pear Infused Vodka, Earl Grey Syrup, Dubonnet Rouge, White pepper
- I ordered the Lord Bergamot and didn’t enjoy it at all… The Pear infused vodka was extremely strong – the drink almost tasted like medicine (the bitter kind) =S
Potato Rosti with Frisée, Arugula Soft Quail Egg & Bacon Lardon
- The starter was very pleasant & appetizing – I particularly enjoyed the potatos rosti – it was like eating a healthier version of a hash brown
- The arugula was very light and tasty which made it so much more refreshing
Forest Mushroom Soup & Herbed Crème Fraîche
- My friend ordered the forest mushroom soup as her starter – I could tell she quite enjoyed it
Since the service was rather slow… I ended up snapping more photos of the beautiful artwork on the walls.
Grilled Hanger Steak with Frites, Onion Rings & Chipotle Jus
- After almost waiting 30 minutes, our entrees finally arrived – this was by far the best summerlicious entree I had…
- the hanger steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare – wonderfully pink and juicy – the tender steak was carefully sliced into pieces when served.
- Loved the presentation of this dish – the frites and onion rings were quite tasty
- This was my overall favourite!
Banana Bread Pudding with Butterscotch & Coconut Cream
- So.. I’m usually never a big fan of banana bread pudding but wow!.. words cannot describe how amazing this was! .. baked fresh and served hot!
- The pudding with butterscotch was sooo soft like pillows! The highlight of the dessert was the coconut cream that gave the pudding a little bit of kick!
- Just looking at it makes me drool
Devil’s Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse & Pecan Crunch
- I had a small bite of my friend’s chocolate cake but I don’t recall the taste.. probably because I was too into my banana bread pudding!
Lemon Semifreddo with Blueberry Compote & Crunchy Meringue
- The lovely couple that sat beside us noticed my SLR and started asking questions and eventually found out about my blog (lol)
- The husband loved the presentation of this dish and asked if I wanted to take photos and share it on my blog – So nice & friendly of them =)
Aside from the extremely long wait for our entrees, the food was delicious, satisfied with the portions, we both enjoyed our foods and had a great time! I would love to return to Boehmer in the future, but the prices may be a bit too high for me. All in all, this was a very memorable licious meal – totally worth the price – Highly recommend!
Price: $45 + taxes + gratuity
you should definitely go on a normal day and get their daily specials. so good!
yep! I definitely will 🙂
I’m a big softy for desserts and boy do those desserts look yummy!!! Lovely pictures!
omg the banana breading pudding was amazing !!!!