Located on College St. (near Ossington Ave.), Bestellen is owned by Top Chef Canada finalist Rob Rossi (@Chefrobrossi) and partner Ryan Sarfeld (@RyanSarfeld). They dedicate their menu items to all meat lovers – featuring all aged cuts of beef!
Not knowing whether Bestellen would be packed – I made reservations just incase. Upon arrival, our hostess asked if we prefer to sit at the front (bar stool tables) or at the back of the house near the kitchen. We opted to sit at the back.
On your right you’ll find a HUGE display of all aged cuts of beef and house cured meats.
The back dining room features an open kitchen concept =) Love watching chefs work their magic! Bestellen has an interesting decor – a very wooden theme. Their wine list is plastered on a chalkboard on one side of the wall.
Table setting & Menu. The menu is 2 pages placed on a “clipboard” style board – First page includes Snacks, Tastes, Plates & The Room and Second page features their drink menu!
Smokey Lemonade ($11.00)
- Mescal, Tequila, Vanilla Simple Syrup, Lemon and Lime
- I’m not entirely sure if my friend enjoyed this – there is a strong kick of tequila in this drink after all
Pimm’s Cup ($11.00)
- Pimm’s, Lemon, Gomme Syrup, Cucumber, Mint, Lemon and Cava
- This drink was really refreshing & went down quickly – reminded me of a Whiskey Sour
TASTE / Traditional Steak Tartare ($13.00)
- Espelette Aioli, Olives, Crispy Quail’s Egg
- Beautifully plated
- The Steak tartare was nicely seasoned – went well with the espelette aioli
- However, the quail’s egg did nothing for my particular taste
PLATES / Squid Ink Tagliatelle ($18.00)
- Clams, Tomato, Breadcrumbs
- The tagliatelle pasta, again was very flavourful with the combination of the breadcrumbs- the tagliatelle was cooked to a perfect al dente.
THE ROOM / 10oz Tenderloin & A choice of 1 side ($31.00)
- Dry-aged Wellington County Prime Beef, Aged and Cut In-house
- For the side we opted for the Potatoes, Bacon Vinaigrette, Wild Mustard
- Medium Rare
- Hands-down – this is the best tenderloin I’ve EVER HAD. – it was so so tender
PLATES / Bestellen Burger ($18.00)
- Caramelized Onions Raclette, House-made Brioche & Frites
- We had asked for the beef to be cooked to a medium
- The burger like the other dishes was very delicious and flavourful – the caramelized onion made it so tasty
- I thought the burger was very juicy – but my friend thought it was dry.
- What I loved most about the burger is that you can really taste the freshness of the patty
To truly experience the goodness of Bestellen, their aged steak is a MUST TRY – it was just SO tender! Bestellen really left a good impression on me – I left wanting more. Two thumbs up!