See PART 1 – MY OMAKASE experience @ SUSHI COUTURE
After my amazing Omakase experience at Sushi Couture, it was pretty obvious I would return for a regular dinner. As I had expected, I was not disappointed – in fact, I was probably more impressed =) The highlight for me at Sushi Couture, was the Sushi Couture Maki (their signature roll) – words cannot be used to explain how scrumptious it is. Highly recommend!
Soup & Salad to start, this came with the sashimi & sushi dinner we ordered
- The California Maki came with the Sushi Dinner we ordered
- For such a simple maki, this was made perfectly! – the rice wasn’t thick, and they literally stuffed the maki with avocado
Wakame Salad (Seaweed Salad) ($4.99)
- The Wakame salad came incredibly fresh and cold – just the way I like it
- Tastes a bit salty – and “sea fresh”
Sushi Dinner ($13.99)
- 8 pieces sushi & California Maki
- Every piece was ridiculously fresh & the rice did not fall apart while dipping it soy sauce- the tuna sushi literally melted in my mouth
Sashimi Dinner ($15.99)
- 16 piece sashimi – Sashimi Dinner offers the an assortment of the daily fresh fish of the day
- Included butter fish, albacore tuna, salmon, tuna
- The sashimi here is prepared really well – compared to the many restaurants in The Annex.
- Had a wonderful taste and texture – very fresh and cut up B.C style
Sushi Couture Maki (Signature Roll) ($10.99)
- salmon, scallop, tobiko and spicy salmon
- Eating this signature maki was such a delight! Had great flavour
- The top of the Maki was slightly seared – so gave the overall maki a tint of smokiness
- There were so many different layers of flavour – don’t know how to fully explain it until you try it =)
Sushi Couture is unquestionably a fantastic value! I would come back again and again just to eat their fresh and quality sashimi – and especially their Sushi Couture Maki – which I cant get enough of!
I have still yet to try sushi couture despite all the great things everyone tells me. These pictures look so yum, I feel like I need to go RIGHT NOW! *drools*
Yessss!!b you definitely need to check it out 🙂 the sushi couture maki is sooooo goood
“the rice did not fall apart dipping it in soy sauce” — I hope you meant to say, “the rice did not fall apart dipping the fish-side in soy sauce”. Good to know that their regular menu items are solid — I’ve only had their omakase, which was fantastic. The freshness of their fish is leaps and bounds above the rest of the Annex.