For those that don’t know me, I am a poutine fanatic. I am always thinking, reading and on the lookout for restaurants that serve killer poutine! And so last week, when I came across a foodie friend of mine, Mary Chan‘s (@citrusblack) post about the Pork Belly Poutine she had at Come And Get It – I knew this was my next stop! =D
Last night after work, I ventured off to downtown Toronto for some shopping and yummy eats. Strolling along Queen Street West, we spotted Come and Get it at the intersections of Spadina & Queen Street West!
I LOVE the atmosphere here – very fun, light and colourful. They have a few tables at the front and a long communal table at the back. Basically how this works it you order & pay at the counter, find a seat then the waiter will bring you the food when ready!
Their menu is creative and sophisticated! They serve sandwiches, salads and poutines that come in 4 different ways for each:
- Chiptole Beer Short Ribs
- Hawaiian Pork Belly
- Granny Smith Chicken Caesar
- Herbed Crunch Green Beans
Utensils are placed in lunch box containers along with Archie comics keeping the customers with company on each table.
Hawaiian Pork Belly Poutine ($7)
- house french fries, mozzarella, cheddar cheese curds, slow roasted hoisin pork belly, crispy crackling and a rich beef gravy
- This poutine was served piping hot! Just the right amount of rich beef gravy smothered over the fries – perfect ratio
- The house french fries were oh-so-delicious! Loved the hearty gravy
- The melted cheese curds rocked the whole poutine!
Closer shot of the hoisin pork belly:
Verdict: Pure love for this place! I’m definitely returning – there’s just so many other items that I want to try! The house french fries are just OH-SO-DELICIOUS!! It’s honestly a great place for lunch or a snack – Come And Get IT =P