Here’s a quick post of Jump (O&B’s Restaurant) when I visited them during Summerlicious (@LiciousTO) for dinner. I had a mediocre experience here and don’t get me wrong, the food was pretty good but I didn’t find our particular server interested in serving us. Urgh!
Throughout the course of dinner, our server wasn’t friendly at all, he had a serious look on his face the whole time, he didn’t bother telling us the name of our dishes – I honestly felt intimidated by him, it almost felt like our presence was torturing him. But whatever, I just assumed he was having a rough day- so fine! Almost towards the end of dinner, a group of business men in suits filled up the table next to us – and so our server, whom I thought was incapable of smiling, started off being real friendly and introduced himself, recommending specials, making jokes with them – he was a completely different person… It was unbelievable! Urgh! enough about him…
I apologize for venting.
Anyways, Thank god we made reservations for an early dinner so there was still a lot of natural light pouring into the restaurant. The interior is so pretty – very modern, high ceilings, absolutely loved the glass windows everywhere.
Chilled Cantaloupe & Basil Soup
- Soup was served cold, very simple and light – I quite enjoyed this!
Roasted Piri Piri Half Chicken
- Smashed fried new potatoes, sweet roasted cipolline and garlic kale
- Chicken was super juicy, very delectable
- every bite of the chicken was bursting with flavour, loved the fried potatoes
Bavarian Vanilla Cream
- Ontario strawberry compote and dark cherry balsamic
- The vanilla cream was very smooth and soft – I enjoyed it thoroughly
- The strawberry compote was a bit too sweet for me so I tried eating the vanilla cream without the strawberry even though it was surrounded and lightly drizzled ontop (lol)
Will I ever come back?!
I’m not quite sure =S The ambiance and food was perfect but our server honestly ruined my whole dining experience. From reading other reviews, no one else had complained about their server, so I guess I was completely unlucky. l don’t think I would visit soon or voluntarily go unless a bunch of my friends are DYING to go – because it is a bit pricey if you’re not visiting during Licious!
Price: $35 + tax + gratuity