I went to Inakaya a very long time ago with a few friends for dinner. This authentic sake bar is tucked away on Willowdale Avenue, minutes away from Yonge and Finch. The atmosphere of Inakaya is very warm, cozy and inviting. Very small, so it may be best to make reservations. The staff here were really friendly and helpful and had no problems when it came to promoting their specials or recommending us their infamous dishes.
Here’s a shot of the interior. A few tables and seats all around the bar.
Our waitress gave us way too many cute cups for our sake (lol) =D
- This was my first ever table cooking experience – thought it was really neat
- liked how you can cook the meat to your liking
- The beef served was very thick and juicy =]
I couldn’t stop smiling while we were waiting for the beef to finish cooking =D half way done!!!
Rock n’ Roll
- A fried roll with avocado, shrimp tempura, salmon and lightly drizzled with eel sauce
- The rock n roll was simply delicious. and tasty. very scrumptious
- 6 tuna nigiri with 8 assorted sushi pieces that includes unagi, salmon roe, salmon, tuna, toro, Shrimp, Ikura
- Honestly, the sushi here was super fresh, everything was made with great attention to detail and impeccably executed
- My favourite was the toro
- Butter and olive oil sauteed sliced onion, blanched zucchini rolled , torched sliced certified Angus beef drizzled in teriyaki sauce and thinly slice scallions in Volcano fire
- Such a beautiful presentation
- My eyes were literally drooling at the sight of this
- The roll was humongous and filled me up pretty quickly – very tasty and meaty
Spicy Scallop Roll
- I love my spicy salmon / spicy tuna / spicy scallop rolls – and this was definitely one of the best ones I’ve had – not too spicy
- It’s so rare to find a places that serve fresh sashimi, yummy rolls and delicious cooked food!
Grilled Atka Mackeral (Hokke)
- Lastly, we ordered a grilled mackeral – really fresh, shining under the light
- We lightly sprinkled lemon across the mackeral to make it even more flavourful =D
Everything at Inakaya had exceeded my expectations. The friendly service, the cozy atmosphere, the freshness and variety of their sushi’s and the smallest attention to detail – had really made an impression on me. I love this place and thoroughly enjoyed my whole experience here!!
I love the food presentation!! 🙂 🙂
mee toooo!! everything was made with so much care *drools*
Was the Beef Amiyaki mini grill part of the table? or did they bring it and light it up? 🙂
The Beef Amiyaki wasn’t part of the table – they brought it up with it already light =D you should try this lol
I know who i’ll be looking up whenever i visit lol 😀
no veggies? looks dericious!
Hi lyndon =D and no veggies because I can make it myself =p and thanks for reading!
This looks delicious too! Will go check it out.
Thanks for the comment!
thanks for reading =D i’m following your blog now!
agree! the Beef Amiyaki is pretty good!
Have you tried the one at Nami Seafood – the beef amiyaki is pretty good there too =p