Mill Street Brewery serves tasty & cold beer and typical “pub food”. Mill Street Brewery is definitely the place to go if you want to enjoy good beer on a casual night out with friends.
The restaurant, opened in 2006, is located in Toronto’s historic Distillery District. When you first walk into the Mill Street Brewery, you’ll see a humongous brewery plotted on the left side of the restaurant, a bar on the right and tables and chairs all over this wooden beams restaurant.
Mill Street Pilsner. 4.8% alc./vol.
- “Mill Street’s organic continental lager has a deep golden hue, a giant rocky white head with a malty sweet nose. The first taste is sweet but leads quickly to a dry hoppy bitter finish. In the German style, Mill Street Pilsner finishes dry and is an excellent accompaniment to food or an excellent thirst quencher on its own” – Mill St. Brew Pub
- I love any kinds of beer (lol) – with that in mind – Pilsner was incredibly tasty, sweet and completely refreshing – it was the perfect compliment to food they served
- Check out their beer menu (HERE)
The Pilsner was definitely stronger than I expected because I felt a little buzz after my first glass
For starters, the 4 of us shared:
Melted Brie Quesadilla ($10)
- a flour tortilla filled with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and Brie, served with sour cream and salsa
- Presentation wise… this dish was a bit boring – In terms of taste – it definitely tasted a lot better than it looked
- The quesadilla was very warm and comforting – I remember wanting seconds – or maybe I was just really hungry haha
Chicken and Leek Pot Pie ($13)
- Sauteed chicken, leeks and mushrooms in a creamy Mill St. Stock Ale gravy, all baked in a tender crust. Served with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and peas
- The chicken pot pie definitely exceeded my expectations – the hot pie was stuffed with sauteed chicken and mushrooms, wasn’t too salty – went very well with mashed potatoes
- However, if it weren’t for the gravy smothered all over – the pie would have been a little dry
Avocado & Smoked Salmon Sandwich with Cream Cheese
- My friend ordered the sandwich and I can’t remember the price for the life of me T____T because this sandwich was on the specials so I can’t find it on their website =[
Overall, Mill St. Brew Pub is definitely the place to go to for awesome beer. Typical Pub food. Great atmosphere to hang out with friends if you go at the right times =]
Mill Street Brew Pub has specials everyday of the week. Many reviews have highly recommend their Traditional Roast Beef Dinner – Served on Sundays after 5pm.