About a month ago I ventured off to downtown Toronto after work to try Yorkville’s newest restaurant . I feel like it’s one the most expensive restaurants I’ve ever been to or I will ever go to. HA! But my friend and I decided that we will try a new restaurant every time we get our pay cheques =D
La Société is a French restaurant that opened 2-3 months ago on Bloor with renovations that cost over $4 million!!. This restaurant is intended to give you a “night in Paris” experience and it definitely did because everyone around us were pretty, tall and dressed like models! I enjoyed everything that night except for one thing – the noise level. It was EXTREMELY loud in there, I felt like I had to scream across the table to talk to my friends. The food itself there was pretty good actually I can’t really compare because I never really eaten at an authentic French restaurant before. Our waiter was cute or only because he had a French accent (lol) But overall, I had a really great time!
Escargots with Sauteed Mushrooms – Roasted garlic jus ($17)
- I really love escargot but I personally thought it was just a tad over seasoned
- about 10-12 escargots
- I usually prefer escargots being baked – but this wasn’t bad
Duck Confit – Creamed Savoy Cabbage, Poached Pear and Brandy Jus ($28)
- the duck was cooked well – or maybe TOO well because it came out rather dry
- the cream cabbage and poached pear went really well together – i LOVED the sauce.
Frites with Garlic Aioli ($7)
- the fries were sooo delicious
- came in their own basket which I thought was really cute
- the fries, I thought, tasted like a mix of New York Fries X McDonald’s
I really like your writing style, great info , regards for posting : D.