I just realized my favourite way to destress myself is to photoshop pictures.
I just photoshopped some pictures from about a few months ago when I went to 1340 Lakeshore Road in Burlington! Indulged in a yummy duck confit pizza at Spencer’s Restaurant facing the sparkling lake.
The view from the restaurant was absolutely breathtaking!! Wish we made an earlier reservation to sit on the patio to face the lake but we got a window seat so – Not bad at all *smiles*
The food at Spencer’s Restaurant is just average – well at least I was satisfied with my entree. I can’t vouch for anything else because there has been mixed reviews about the food here. In terms of the service, our server wasn’t very friendly – and it made me feel uncomfortable as well. It actually took quite long for our food to come out so we just sipped our drinks and enjoyed the view while waiting.
View from our seats – so pretty!
Virgin Pina Colada ($7) & Jasmine Iced Tea ($5)
Steak, Egg & Frites – 6 oz striploin, Yukon Fries, fried egg, mushroom, watercress ($24)
- This entree definitely looked better than it tasted
- My friend told me the steak was mediocre – but the yukon fries tasted delicious
Confit Duck & Shitake Mushrooms – panna, white bean, Ontario raw sheep’s milk feta ($18)
- This tasted so much better than it looked – absolutely loved this pizza
- the duck and the feta went so well together
- It came on its own personal pan – which I thought was really cute
- When I ordered this I thought it was a duck confit entree and completely didn’t see that it was under the “pizza section”
- nevertheless, absolutely loved the pizza
- I only finished half – and packed the other half =)
Spencer’s had a open wood pizza oven – that was something I liked about restaurant. The food was just average – the view is nice and everything but I find that our meal was rather expensive… and it was only lunch. I’m not sure i’ll return because its pricey and also I rather spend my money trying other restaurants on my list =D
After lunch, we strolled along lakeshore and I took my camera for a tan, snapping a photo here and there. Apparently they turn the pool beside the restaurant into a skating rink during winter =D